Diversity Equity Inclusion > Tonkon HUB
The Tonkon HUB Program
Helping Underrepresented Business Owners ProgramThe Tonkon HUB Program provides owners of small and emerging businesses with the vital legal services they need for success – services to which they may not otherwise have access. Our experienced lawyers can advise on a breadth of issues, including, for example, setting up your company, corporate structure and governance, how to solicit and take funding, intellectual property rights, leases and other real estate issues, employment matters, and all manner of contracts.
The goals of the Tonkon HUB Program are to offer legal services to small businesses owned and operated by those historically marginalized in our community, such as those who identify as Black, Indigenous, immigrants, or from other communities of color; to dismantle real and perceived barriers of access to a full-service business law firm; and to help grow a racially diverse and robust business community. Tonkon HUB is not a legal aid or pro bono program – it’s a collaboration.
Tonkon HUB Benefits
Business owners who are accepted into the Tonkon HUB Program will receive the benefit of:
- A free one hour initial consultation with a Tonkon Torp lawyer
- Discounts on our standard rates for most matters
- 50% discount for the first six months of our representation
- 25% discount for the next six months of our representation
- Access to free networking events, educational webinars and other resources on relevant issues impacting businesses
Applicants must have 51% (individually or in the aggregate) of their senior leadership, executives, or owners who identify as racially diverse or otherwise from historically marginalized communities, as well as a financial need for discounted services.
*Our existing clients are eligible and encouraged to contact us about the Tonkon HUB Program.
How Do I Apply?
Interested applicants will be asked to submit:
- A summary of your business, a formal business plan (if available), an executive summary, a pitch deck, or other similar information so we can understand your business (drafts are acceptable)
- A short questionnaire